Windows XP Service Pack 2 includes an enhanced internet security feature that blocks certain websites that uses an IP address in the web address. The AMP website uses an IP address to verify AMP User Names and Passwords before admitting users to the site.
To work around this behavior, you must add the Shipping Solutions domain name to your Local Intranet Sites dialog box:
1. In Internet Explorer, click "Tools," and then click "Internet Options."
2. On the "Security" tab, click "Local intranet," and then click "Sites."
3. Click "Advanced," and then type: *.shipsolutions.com in the "Add this Web site to the zone" box.
4. Click "Add," click "OK," and then click "OK" again to close the "Internet Options" dialog box.
5. Restart the Computer.
6. Log back into the AMP website and Save the update file to your hard drive. Follow the installation instructions on the web page to reinstall the update.
You should now be able to start up and use the updated version of Shipping Solutions Professional.